Friday, December 9, 2011

Prolouge


Prologue: Zaydie's wedding

Written by your's truly: Quorra!



Hi everyone!!
How's it going? Been a whole month sense you heard from us last hasn't it?
Ah psh, well it doesn't feel like that long! You'd be surprised by how fast a month can fly by!
[Yes I believe we all know that Quorra! haha!]
That's Zaydie by the way, you'll see her put her own input at times because she likes to highjack the holopad!

Well I'll get on with it!
The wedding was taking place in Nibraca. Yes of course just like you suspected!
But anyways...

****

"Quorra! did you get the vale?"
I dashed up the spiral stair case of one of the houses on the floating city of Nibraca.
"Yes! I have it. Here." I came up to my sister who was now standing in the most beautiful dress I had ever seen!
I placed the long vale on her head and pinned it there by the tiara that was decorated by wild flowers, and some colorful hair ribbons that the little girls had insisted on her using.
The vale was a light blue, which matched the dress Zaydie was wearing.
Her dress wasn't exactly.... poofy. It wasn't actually. It was all light weight and it had a halter top, so her shoulders were bare.
[even though it was December. But in Nibraca, on the ocean you couldn't tell]
Yes yes ok! I'm talking!!
So anyways, the dress was a light blue color actually. But it was really pretty! the skirt was made from a lot of material that folded in on it's self in pleats, but it didn't make the skirt poofy.
The top was decorated by sparkling stars
[that were silver]
yes they were silver. They started on the left side of the bodice in a big splash, then they moved their way down diagonally to the right side of her waist, and from there they wove their way all the way down the dress.

She had little to no make-up on. And her nutmeg brown hair was left to hang around her shoulders.
She sucked, because she was barefoot!! She was the bride and she was barefoot!!!
That is so unfair!
Actually most of the bridesmaids were too. Haha. Including Brinlynn, and Lexi! [yes she was a bridesmaid. Lexi I mean] Yes thank you Zaydie!
But I was debiting on whether to keep my sandals on, or like the rest, go barefoot. I couldn't decide.

My own dress was a light pink, it came to my knees, and it had ruffles at the bottom. It too had a halter neck, and I had a gold band around my left arm, with bracelets on my right wrist.
My hair was done up into a braid that fell onto my right shoulder and I had a bouquet of yellow flowers somewhere around here.

"Ok there. You look amazing!' Lexi stated, stepping back and looking at her handiwork. She too wore the same exact style of a dress as me, only hers was green.
"Now your the girl right out of a fairytale." Brinlynn said kindly, giving Zaydie a hug. I nodded.
"Yup! your sure to dazzle Kylun this time!"
Zaydie laughed.
"Well thanks for all your help guys." She spun around in front of the mirror and her dress flowed out, showing her bare feet.
"I really appreciate it!" She then came over and gave us all hugs.
"Whoa! don't mess up all of our hard work!" I cried. Taking her shoulder's gently and pushing her away.
The people here in Nibraca had an interesting tradition.
They painted the bride.
I'm not kidding!!
It was just her arms and shoulders, and it was very faint, but still. She sparkled. the paint was blue to match her dress, and it was also tinted with silver.
You could tell that it was there by her shoulders, because that was the darkest part, but like I said. It was light.

The music queued us and we walked down the spiral stairs to the bottom of the stairs.
Lexi, Brin, and a few other girls from Nibraca went out after the little flower girl did.
[Nina. From last time!]
Zaydie grasped my hand and jumped up and down a little.
"Quorra I'm getting butterflies!" She cried.
I laughed.
"Some how I think you'll get those for the rest of your life." I said with a smile.
"Yeah but their really bad right now!" She clutched her stomach and spun around in a circle like a little girl.
I chuckled.
"Zaydie, calm down! you'll do fine!!"
She then started to hum a song. The only song that seemed to calm her down these days.
It was the one that she couldn't remember the words too. The one that she wasn't really sure where she knew it from.
Somehow Kylun knew it but, he wasn't spilling the beans. Jerk. [Don't be mean Quorra!] Psh. Well he's your husband now, there shouldn't be any secrets.

My queue came and I stepped out of the house. Leaving a distressed Zaydie in my wake.
I stepped out onto the main road(s) of Nibraca and turned right. People lined the road, and some were even on the roofs! the little kids pushed their way to the front and giggled up at me.
I smiled and walked down the road then turned to the right again.
Down this way, was a large circled stage, the people who lived here used it to perform on. Which included weddings, so they insisted we use it.
To the right side of the stage was a few people playing on violins, and one on the piano. Oh how I ached to run up there and play with them.
But I kept my course and walked up the steps of stage.
There were no seats. Everybody stood.
I saw familiar faces of Savrin's family in the crowd along with a few of the families that lived here that we had gotten to know so well in the past month.
I took my place at the head of the line of bridesmaids and looked up to Savrin standing behind Kylun. The boys looked relatively normal. At least they weren't painted.
[do you have something against the paint?]
No I don't, I just thought it a little odd.

Kylun looked dashing in his black slacks and a white collared shirt. No serious, that's all he was wearing. This was a very casual wedding, but Zaydie likes casual so I guess all's good.
Sav wore the same, only a different colored shirt. Um, a light green I think.
Several of his brothers were up there as well standing behind them, and it was actually really funny because all of the boys, including Kylun, had their hands shoved into their pockets!
And some of the boys were younger and were on lower steps so it just went down the line. It was cute.

Sav gave me a wink and I smiled. I turned my head as upbeat music started to play.
[with the piano and violins]
Yeah so it was like a folks dance really. It was quiet catchy actually.
I searched the way I had just come to see if I saw my sister yet, and sure enough there she came.
Walking alone down the isle through the rows of people in her sparkly blue dress that matched the ocean that was crashing behind us.
I glanced at Kylun and saw that he was smiling, but I saw tears in his eyes.
[are you serious? he was crying?!]
Haha, yeah. Some man he his. Ok, ok I'll stop picking on him.

Anyways so my sister walked up to the steps, I handed my bouquet over to Lexi, and came down to meet her.
Sense our dad had passed away, I had to give her away.
I gave her hand a squeeze.
"dad would be proud." I whispered as we climbed the steps. She smiled at me through the vale and I could see the tears starting to form in the corner of her eyes too.
Kylun met us half way and I took his hand.
"Keep her and protect her with your life. I'm trusting you now! And if you don't I'll come after you and beat you silly." I threatened.
The onlookers chuckled and Kylun suppressed a smile when he saw how serious I was.
"Ok. You have my word Quorra. I'll take good care of her." He said. I heard Zaydie chuckle.
"You better, or out comes the switch blade." I muttered, placing my sister's hand in his. I walked back to my place and Lexi gave my arm a squeeze.
"They'll do just fine." She said with a grin.
"Oh I know. I was just putting the fear of a angry sister into his head." I said with a spreading grin.

After the preacher did his long speech, Savrin came up to them with his hand stretched out. On his palm was a large ring that looked like six intertwined strings.
I came up and tried to remember what to do next.
"turn it to the left." Sav whispered. I did so and the ring broke.
[You should have seen her face the first time she did this! She gasped and kept saying 'I'm sorry, I'm sorry!' it was hilarious]
Oh shut up Zaydie! no one asked you.

The ring separated into two, and I gave one of the silver and gold bands to Zaydie, while Sav gave the other to Kylun.
I quickly stepped back so the onlookers could see as the couple exchanged rings.
As they did so the crowd started to cheer for them, the music started up again as Kylun swept Zaydie off her feet and gave her a big kiss. Haha.
I giggled as Nina tried to look away. I opened my arms and she ran into them, burring her head into my shoulder.
"That's yucky." she said.
I chuckled.
"I use to think so too Nina." I answered.

Kylun set Zaydie down and they walked back down the isle, I gave Nina a squeeze and set her back down. She made her way down the isle, then Sav came up to me and offered his arm.
I smiled and took it as we walked down the steps.
I suddenly noticed the band playing a song that I knew!
I got giddy. Hey the serves was over right?
I looked up at Sav.
"I know this song." I said.
He was confused. "Ok... that's good I guess."
I giggled and let go of his arm.
I ran over to one of the boys up there with a violin.
"Hey would you mind if I cut in?" I asked. He was stunned. "I can play." I added.
"Uh... sure." He handed over his violin and I smiled.
"Thanks!"
"No problem, do you need sheet music?" I shook my head and took a step away from the group.
The music continued to play and I waited for the right moment.
It came and I re-positioned the violin. I positioned my fingers and ran the bow across the strings. I knew this song by heart because I had played it so many times. Zaydie didn't tell me it was going to be in her wedding! How dare she!
[what can I say? I was a little busy!]

My fingers flew across the neck of the violin, and the bow became a blur. Beautiful music came out of it and danced across the air.
Out of the corner of my eye I saw, Sav's jaw drop, Zaydie and Kylun stopped to watch, Lexi was giggling and looked real excited. Brin and Brax were smiling and nodding their heads in time.

I stopped as the song came to an end and handed the violin back.
"Thanks so much!" I said with a smile. The boy grinned at me.
"You were amazing! And even with out the sheet music!"
I smiled and blushed a little. I don't really know what to do when people complement me.
I walked back over to Sav who was still standing there with his mouth gapping open. The crowd clapped for me as I walked down the isle with him.
"I didn't know you could play the violin." He exclaimed quietly. I chuckled.
"I only started to learn it in the past ten months." I said. His eyes got huge!
"You can play that good in just ten months?!"
"Well with the way she committed herself, definitely." Zaydie jumped in. I looked up and smiled at my sister.
"Thanks sis, now go take care of your guests or they'll start to -" I was interrupted when Nina ran right past me and into Zaydie's arms, who swooped her up and spun her around.
"Alright. Come on Kylun we had better get to the reception." She said with a grin. Kylun nodded and took her hand, leading her away.
I let out a sigh as I watched them go.
"Hey. They'll be fine." Sav said giving me a sideways hug.
"Yeah... but will I?" I asked in a little depressed way as I hugged Sav back.
He was quiet for a moment then kissed the top of my head.
"You always have me."
I smiled.
"yeah... I know."

No comments:

Post a Comment