Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Chapter ~ Eight


Chapter ~ Eight

          A royal pain in the back side!!

Quorra:

I believe the title says it all. If not then there’s something wrong with this picture. Involving you.
Yes YOU!!!
The one snuggled up with a blanket, reading this as if it were any other book!!
Well I’ll tell you! Running around with someone who’s been pampered all his life IS NOT EASY!!!

Zaydie and I have figured out that this chapter starts, some time after the rest of the gang starts out on their adventure in the Catacombs. So yes, the princess is being led away by the Captain and Willa. Only we didn’t know that at the time. (the prince and I)

“They can’t have gotten far.” Dastion cried out. He was slightly flustered and a little bit out of breath with trying to keep up with my fast pace that involved jumping from one roof to the next like Hakeam had shown me.
“They haven’t.” I said.
I wasn’t looking where I was going, but I knew where I was going.
I kept my eyes down on the streets below me as I jumped over hurdles in my path on the roofs.
I spotted Willa and the Captain with the princess being pushed in front of them.
“There!” I cried. I did a side ways flip off the roof and landed on my braced knees.
“Haha yeah. I am so not doing that.” I heard Dastion mutter.
I wasn’t to worried about him. More about the two, three, people ahead of me.

“Creator. Don’t let them get away this time. I’ve had enough games!” I yelled. People around me glanced confusing looks.
I flipped over a cart and jumped with my left hand between my braced legs.
As I did so I sent the earth against the two of them except for Venila.
It came up and I felt them slow down as the ground became soft under their feet.
I rose to my feet and cut my way through the crowds. They were pretty eager to move when they saw I had guns in my hands.
I suddenly saw someone I wasn't expecting. I skidded to a stop and followed him with my eyes.
He was crossing the street with his hands shoved into his pants pockets. He looked up at me over the collar he had up around his neck. His lips turned into a cocky grin, and his red eyes locked me in his gaze.
He cocked his hair and his black hair fell across his face.
He was a ghost.
A monster haunting me.
I don't know why he always hit a nerve, when I saw him I could never look away, and I couldn't explain the feelings the boiled inside.
I couldn't figure them out. They made no sense!!

Time seemed to freeze slowly as I watched him pass the street. He seemed to be searching for something in my eyes. Like he was looking for something to hold onto. But what? And why me?!
[who else?]
You!
[Oh no!! He wouldn't dare, not with my marriage to Kylun]
Your no help.

But I did the same. Zaydie once told me that there was good in him. Not just bad. So what was he up too?
As we kept eye contact, I found that he looked.... regretful. Regretful. Yeah ok then!
It was the last thing I expected to see from him, yet... there it was. Plain as day.
But it wasn't alone. It was accompanied by determination. A determination to do something.... good.
My jaw slacked slightly and he knew that I saw it. He gave me an ever so slight head nod before he disappeared into an alley way.

"Where'd they go?" Dastion snapped me out of my daze and I realized that I had lost them.
"Shoot." I muttered, looking down at my feet. Through the ground I sensed them already out of the city. "We can still get her back, but we're going to have to travel out of the city." I said turning to him.
He groaned.
"I can't go with you. This city just lost it's Governor, and princess. Their going to need someone, so that leaves it to me."
I nodded. I didn't really expect him to come along. He is a prince after all.
But that would mean... I have to go alone.
Sheesh.
"You'll get her thought?" He asked with a look of concern.
I hesitated, then grunted a yes.
He looked relieved and ran off.
"Hey!" I cried turning to him. "Do you love her?" I asked, meeting his eye.
He chuckled as he ran backwards.
"Yeah." Then he turned around and disappeared off into the streets.

I took a deep breath and made my guns disappear.
An idea made it's way into my head.
I clasped my hands in front of me and bowed my head.
"Creator. I don't know what I might be getting myself into. But please, protect my sister and the rest of the gang. I'm not worried about myself, just keep those crazy, messed up kids from getting to banged up. Ok?"
Yeah I know, it was a really weird prayer, but I was speaking from my heart, and that's what counts.
I then dashed down an alley way and searched for a certain energy mark that I never dreamed I would look for.

****

It wasn't easy to find him. And it was even harder trying to catch up to him yet not draw attention to myself.
I kept a few paces behind him, but I already guessed that he knew I was there. He glanced over his shoulder once and I looked away.
He turned down another alley way, after a moments hesitation I followed.
I found him leaning against the wall with a foot braced against it, and his arms crossed. His eyes were closed and I leaned against the opposite wall.
"What do you want?" He asked bluntly. Getting right to the point.
"Your help."
He opened his eyes and gave me a cold stair down, that I easily returned.
"Why would you ask me? After all your sister told you, don't you think that would be a little foolish?" He asked.
"'Foolish'? Maybe. Daring? definitely. But necessary."  I said looking out and watching the people walk down the streets.
"I need to get the princess back. Fig-"
"yes and figure out where you truly come from and who you really are. Yes I know. I heard."
"Of course you did." I muttered.
"What makes you think I'll help?"
I turned back to him with a stern look.
"Because, if my hunch is right, your searching for something too. And maybe, you'll have better luck looking for it with me giving you a shove." I said pushing myself off the wall. "Well?" I held out my hand and didn't break eye contact.
He sighed and pushed himself off the wall as well.
"I hope you know what your getting yourself into." He said. He reached out and shook my hand.
"Me too." I muttered.
Oh boy.
[your such an idiot.]
Hey! and your telling me to be nice?!?!
[I'm not the one who teamed up with the most unpredictable, and dangerous person we know!]
....

Havrin's very.... um... demanding I guess. It's his way or no way.
I had changed back into my old pair of jeans and a thick long sleeved shirt.
I stepped out of the room and pulled my hair out of the collar.
Havrin was waiting for me outside and he handed over a jacket.
A lined leather one. Ha!
I slipped it over my white shirt and zipped it up. I looked at him and he walked out onto the street.
"Do you know where they are?" He asked as we trudged through the snow.
"Not at the moment but I can find out pretty easily." I said, trying to keep up with his fast pace.
"Do that." He ordered. I let out a sigh and pent down on one knee. Placing my hand into the cold snow I quickly felt around for the princess' energy mark before my hand froze.
Well... I found it. But where she was made no sense.
"She's back in the city." I said whipping my hands off on my pants. "But I just chased 'em out." I added thoughtfully.
"Probably still something here that they need. Like the rest of the gang for instance. Probably have them down in those Catacombs by now cutting up harpies as they try to find a way out." He said in a bored tone.
My jaw dropped and I stopped dead in my tracks.
"That's what their doing?" I asked in a harsh tone. He stopped but didn't turn to me.
"Yeah. Captain has a thing for watching his victims suffer before he "graciously" puts them out of their misery." He explained.
"Oh you have got to be kidding me." I said. Trudging forward, not looking around me, not seeing if Havrin was following or not.
I sprung myself up onto a roof and started to break out into a run.
I used the new fears and anger to drive me faster. I leapt from roof to roof easily. I flipped over things that people had stored up there.

I came to the palace and I leapt onto the building roof that was the closest to the domed shaped roof of the palace.
"You won't make that." Havrin warned. I scoffed.
"Says who?" I asked. I backed up to the opposite edge of the flat square roof I was on right now, then I ran across it as fast as I could. At the end I pushed as hard as I could. Sending my body over the immensely large gap.
My feet touched the tip of the gutter, I leaned forward and quickly kept running around the edge of the roof so the momentum wouldn't throw me off.
I ran around the circled roof till I was slowly moving to the top.
I dove side ways and my hands grasped the pole that stuck out from the top of the dome.
I spun around it several times with my body out in a horizontal line.
After the second spin I landed with my feet pushing against the pole, and my hand holding onto it.
I looked back over at Havrin, I smirked.
"Made it." I called over. He rolled his eyes.
I looked around and shivered as the wind whipped past me. The midnight black sky made it hard to see anything, yet I could see the lights of the city down below. I slid down the icy roof and flipped off it only to land in a hay heap.
I jumped out of it and whipped all the hay off my clothes and tried to get most of it out of my hair.
I heard Havrin land beside me.
"What was the point of doing that if all you were going to do was get off?" He asked.
I ignored him. Till he tugged on my hair.
"What are you doing?" I asked turning around and swiping his hand away.
He pulled his hand back and I saw that he held a piece of straw. Oh...
[way to make an fool out of yourself]
Oh shut up Zaydie. No one asked you.
[haha all's good. Your laughing]

"You had hay in your hair." he said, dropping the piece of straw and shoving his hands back into his pockets. I sighed and shook my head.
"This is crazy." I muttered.
"So is she here?" He asked. I nodded.
"Yeah, but she's under ground. But not in the Catacombs." I said walking into the palace.
People were rushing around in a mad frantic state. Trying to figure out what to do.
We slipped in unnoticed and I made my way back into the feast hall. I jumped up onto the table then back onto the balcony. I walked down that gloomy hallway with my hands in my pockets and my head hanging. Though I could see everything going on around me.

We quietly made our way down the stone stairs into the Catacombs. I felt for Venila's energy mark and quickly made my way to it as I saw which turns she had taken through my power's eye.
As we got closer I noticed something odd.
I quickly skidded to a stop and held out my right arm to keep Havrin from going any farther. He stopped before he came to my arm but I could still feel the leather jacket brush up against my finger tips.
"Something's off. She's not moving." I said quietly.
I quietly ran forward and made my way closer to her mark. I peaked around a corner and gapped.
I leaned back against the wall and shook my head.
"What?" He asked. I gestured to the other side of the wall with my thumb.
"see for yourself." I muttered.
He moved around me and took a peak. He sighed and turned back to me.
"Don't do anything rash. And don't blow my cover." He whispered. I looked into his hard red eyes that were only inches away from my face. His breath warmed my neck as I nodded.
He placed a hand on my chest and pushed me against the wall.
"Stay." He ordered quietly.
I didn't get a chance to respond, or even swipe his hand away!
He walked out into the open and through the ground I watched what happened next.

The room was lit by torches and it was furnished!!! Who would furnish a room in the Catacombs?!?!
The Captain and Willa were seated in chairs watching what looked like someone running in the dark on a holoscreen.
I spotted Venila in the corner with her hands tied to a post by rope.

It's hard not to go over there and cut her loose, but then I remembered Havrin's word, so I didn't.
I watched as he moved his way through the room. The Captain motioned for him to come closer.
"Fantastic isn't it?" He asked. "Their as lost as lost can get."
I gritted my teeth and I saw that Havrin turned his head ever so slightly to my direction. I forced myself to take a deep breath as feelings started to boil over.
I shook my head sending my hair every where.
What was wrong with me?!
[I know-]
Don't. Even. Go. There.

"What are you going to do with her?" Havrin asked, gesturing to Venila.
"Her? Oh she's going to go back and be everyone's little queen. Only she's going to do something's for us, aren't you dear?" The Captain said, turning his attention momentarily to the girl on the floor. I could see her firm and determined face from where I was hiding.
"Over my dead body." She said through gritted teeth.
Whoa! Talk about a mood swing. First time I heard her, she was all sweet and innocent. Now she's like 'touch me and your going down buster!'.
Captain turned back to the holoscreen.
"Humph. We'll see about that." He said. "What are you doing here Havrin? I thought I told you to lay low."
"I brought you something."
I gasped as he came back around the corner and grabbed my wrist.
I gave him a hard look and didn't give him the satisfaction of putting fear onto my face.
"Traitor." I whispered with a set jaw.
I was dragged into the room with my hand behind my back. I heard Venila gasp, but I ignored her.
Captain turned around and looked from me to her. Then back again.
"Well isn't this a surprise. I never knew you had a twin Venila." He said.
She shook her head.
"She doesn't." I snapped, trying to loosen Hav's grip on me. But he just gripped harder. I tried to squirm, but he just wrapped his other arm around my waist and pinned me against his own rock solid body.
"Oh? is that so? but it seems that you both are living proof that you are related." He said.
Willa turned to a table and brought over a knife.
I took a deep breath. I felt Havrin tense behind me as he gently loosened his grip on me. But didn't let go.
Willa looked at me with an evil grin as she grasped my arm. She made a deep long cut on my arm and I forced myself not to wince.
She took a drop of my blood and put it on a slide, she then did the same to Venila.
I knew what she was doing as soon as I saw the slide.
I groaned quietly. That wouldn't be a good thing for them to know.
"I'll take care of it." Havrin whispered behind me.
He pulled out a piece of leather and bound my hands together. He then sat me down next to Venila harshly.

****

It took a while for Willa to even start running tests on the blood. She wasn't an expert.
Havrin walked lazily around the room. And I couldn't help but snicker quietly when he purposely bumped Willa, which sent the two blood samples flying out of her hands.
"[beep] watch where your going [beep]."
She really needs to watch her mouth!
Havrin rolled his eyes lazily.
"Sorry."
she scoffed.
"Do it latter Willa. Right now you should enjoy the entertainment." Captain cut in. She sighed and moved back over to him.
What are we going to do about those two?
But it seemed Havrin had that taken care of.
He walked over to the table and started to pore three drinks. I watched silently as I saw him slip something into them.

He brought them over to Willa and Captain.
"Oh cheers. To the lost ones. May they never find their way." He said with a smile and the three of them toasted.
I watched as Willa and Captain slowly started to realize what had happened. They both started choking up and soon, they lay in a heap on the floor.
Havrin quickly came over and cut the leather around my hands, along with Venila's.
I quickly jumped up and started walking out again.
"Come on, we need to hurry, while the cuts are still fresh." I said. "What did you do to them?" I asked as I walked over and tied Willa up.
"They'll be knocked out for a while, plus no one will think to find them down here." Havrin answered. Tying up Captain.
"M-hmm. don't ever do that again." I warned pointing my gun at his head. He froze and didn't move a muscle. "Or next time. I really will pull the trigger." I said in a cold tone. I turned away and started to walk off when he gripped my wrist again and pinned it behind my back.
"Next time. Don't give threats with out watching your back." He whispered into my ear. I looked down and found a blade tip digging into my side.
He flipped it around and lifted his hands, letting go of me.
I didn't stop I made my way through the Catacombs and lead the two of them back to the surface.





No comments:

Post a Comment