Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Chapter ~ Thirteen


Chapter ~ Thirteen

          A battle for freedom

Zaydie:

I watched as Quorra teamed up with Havrin in order to beat a Fallen. I was shocked that she had taken his hand, and help so quickly. I had a feeling that several events led up to her trusting him enough to want his help in battle.
Sav gave up trying to get to her, and concentrated on cutting down as many Fallen as he could.
Lexi was jumping her way in and out of fights, using her throwing stars to slice throats or gut stomachs quickly. No one ever knew what had hit them.
Kigo was in the heart of the battle with his disks of fire spinning around so quickly it was hard to see anything but a blur.
Kylun was fighting right along side me. Keeping me out of trouble, and making sure I stayed out of direct combat as much as possible. Which meant Takara spent most of her time in shield form.

Kylun stayed on offensive, while I was defensive. I spent most of my time healing people, or protecting them from death blows with whirls of wind.
Kylun would usually take care of them once they were off their feet with ice shards, or even just by hitting them hard with Shiro.
It wasn't a perfected strategy, but it worked.

"Kylun!" I shouted, I dashed over, pulling up my blue armor, and taking the death blow for him. It didn't hurt me a bit, but it sure did rattle both The Fallen that tried to give it to him, and Kylun.
"Zaydie!"
I ran The Fallen through with Takara, in sword form obviously.
"What? I just saved your life, so get over it dude." I said with a grin. He rolled his eyes, and pulled up a shield just in time to stop arrows from hitting either of us.
"And I just saved yours."
'yeah, yeah. Come on dude let's go."
"Stop calling me dude."
"I will once you stop needing to be saved."
He groaned. And I laughed.
We moved through the countless battles raging on. Healing what people that needed, protecting people that were about to die, killing Fallen as we went.
"What are you two still doing here?" Lexi asked, jumping up next to us.
"Excuse me?" I asked.
"You two and Sav need to go get The Captain! Only the three of you are strong enough to do it, and only when your together. Now go!! Don't worry, there aren't as many now, thanks to you guys, we can take care of them. Now go!! Shoo!! Be gone!!! Poof!!!" Lexi pushed us with each farewell.
Kylun nodded to me and we took off through the battles. Picking up Sav along the way.

We found Captain up on the glass roof of the mansion, with ever so faithful Willa by his side, along with two other Fallen.
Holding hands, Kylun quickly teleported us to the roof.
The Captain laughed at us.
"Look at you, so willingly facing your doom in the face."
"The only doom we're facing, is fixing this place up after we finish you off." Sav tossed back.
"Humph. Willa my dear. I believe you said something about taking revenge for your fallen mother?"
Willa nodded and looked us all down.
Suddenly we weren't the only good guys on the roof.
Havrin, Kigo, Lexi and Quorra were up there with us too.
"We'll take on Willa and her buffoons. You go take care of The Captain alright?" Quorra asked.
I gave her a concerned look, and she flashed me a smile.
"Ok. Come on you two!" I called. I dashed past Willa and made my way to The Captain.
He stopped at the far edge of the roof, giving us plenty of space to battle.
I was just slightly worried about what would happen if the glass broke.

"Ah, so we fight again I see." Captain said through a sneer.
"Yup. And this time, your going down just the same as you did last time!" I shouted.
"We'll see about that my dear." He spun his polearm around, showing us the sharp bladed tips at the two ends.
"But enough talk. Let's see what you got when your together." He challenged.
"Deal!" we all shouted, summoning our weapons out, and bracing ourselves.
I can't say we practiced for this battle, but with what we've all gone through, I had a feeling we knew each other well enough to know each other's strengths and weaknesses, and to help cover each other.
I can't say we were ready, we were tired from the dozens of battles we had fought a little while ago, but we were willing to pull through the pain if it meant getting rid of him. For good.

We moved together as a team. Kylun joined the battle so we would have more power that would hurt The Captain.
But Savrin and I laid the most blows.
[which is to be expected. Kylun's fighting with a STICK!]
a magic stick Quorra. There's a difference.
[.....]
really you had to take the holoscript away just so you could type in that?!?!

Savrin and I moved in on the Captain by what we called the "glide stance". We slid forward on our right foot with our swords braced. With us on each side of him, it was easy for him to get hurt, seeing as he only had one weapon.
He did some quick maneuvering though.
He spun his pole around and blocked mine, while he did that he did get cut by Sav but not severally, and he quickly spun around and sparred with Savrin.
The Captain and Sav fought each other for quiet some time with the occasional help of Kylun and I.
We jumped in just when it looked like he was about to loose.

I knocked the Captain back with a wind tunnel as Sav fell to his knees. Kylun quickly covered me as I ran forward and healed Savrin's body from wounds.
"You rest a moment. I'll take the dude from here." I said with a smile.
Savrin nodded and tried to get his breathing to com easier.
I rose to my feet and dove for The Captian.

I wasn't sure what I was expecting. I had fought him before, and he had proven difficult. But now, it looked like he had taken up training as a hobby.
We clashed left and right. Sparks flew around us, along with ice shards that Kylun sent to help me fight against The Captain.

I dodged his polearm, and quickly took spun around on my toe. I came up behind him and tried to hit his back with Takara. But he was quick and he flicked his pole around, hitting me in the ribs and sending me flying across the roof.
I skidded to a stop on my feet and I immediately dove back into the fight.
Savrin came in next to me and we fought the Captain together.
I quickly figured out that team work and numbers would be what defeated The Captain. And it seems that everyone else figured that out too.

"Savrin! Remember that trick?" I called as I blocked a hit from the Captain with Takara in shield form. I quickly flipped her and she turned back into a sword.
"Yeah!" he answered. I ran up to him and nodded.
"Then go for it!"
He nodded and we held hands.
Opening ourselves up to each other as Kylun put a force shield around us, we tapped into one another's powers.
"Now!" We both yelled. Kylun under stood and dropped the shield. The two of us dove forward and I used his sense of timing, and the ability to see what the opponent was going to do next, to send attacks of my own, of both wind and Takara. I also used what ever objects around me that I could find. rocks from the ground, trees. hahaha. With out cracking the glass to bad.
But even that didn't seem to stop The Captain.

We gave up that approach because we were running out of energy to fast.
We then dove in head on and tried to wear him down.
I got several cuts on my arms but nothing serious or that I couldn't heal. Kylun was still working on the magic. He seemed to have higher stamina then the rest of us seeing as most of his techniques relied on magic heavily. Which was good of course.

Kylun made the glass slippery underneith The Captain's feet, causing him to fall. I quickly jumped him and sliced downward.
He parried with his polearm and then it became a struggle of strength. Which I had more of seeing as I had the upper hand. He groaned and looked for a way to get out of the situation. he finally shoved me off and drove his spear into the glass, causing it to shatter, and soon all of us were falling into the mansion.

The battle had driven us to the opposite edge of the roof, and Quorra's battle with Willa seemed to have gone down to the ground. don't know how that happened.
So that would explain, why I hit the grand stair case and rolled down all of them to the bottom.
"This time we take him together." Kylun said from next to me. I looked over and saw him standing above me, he offered a hand and I took it.
I nodded. As Savrin came up next to me.
"Together." With linked hands we opened ourselves up again, sharpening each other's senses, and Powers. We also created a link between all three of us. Giving us the ability to communicate easier.

Kylun teleported us to the top of the stairs where The Captain was waiting, and we all dove in side by side.
Kylun and switched Shiro out for his old sword Ultima. But he didn't keep it for very long. He used a Power I had completely forgotten about!

Savrin and I took the full blunt force of The Captain's attacks, while Kylun did the stab-and-run as we called it. He would teleport close by, and stab the opponent, then teleport to a different place again. He did this real fast so as to confuse The Captain. And it worked out pretty good.

I dove under the pole and Savrin protected my back by stepping in front of me and blocking the pole completely with the blue sword of Ryota.
I spun over him and came down hard on The Captain from the front, while Kylun did one of his ninja attacks and pierced his back.
The man cried out in frustration. he spun around and caught Kylun in midteleportation. His speed was amazingly quick, and now he held Kylun by the neck and suspended him above the air.
"No! don't!" I cried. Kylun squirmed and I searched around desperately.
"Tell me where the simulation chamber is! Now!!" The Captain cried.
"No don't!" Kylun shouted at us.
"Tell me now or he dies!" The Captain threatened. "And we wouldn't want that now would we? No of course not, because that means all three of you would loose apiece of yourselves."
At first I was confused.
"All. Three." He pointed his pole at my stomach. I placed my hands over it protectively.
"it's in-" Sav started.
"No. Wait." I cried. I walked over to Sav and whispered something in his ear.
"Stop whispering! tell me. NOW!!!"
I looked back over at him. A few seconds ago I had noticed a silver bracelet around his left hand. The hand that he was using to hold Kylun by.
I reached out with my Power and made the bracelet shrink in size.
The Captain jerked and threw Kylun to the ground. He grasped his left arm and cried out in pain.
I ran over to Kylun and helped him to his feet.
"Are you ok?"
He nodded and we looked at the old man as he tried to pull the bracelet off.
I let the bracelet go from my Powers and Savrin ran up to us.
"Z." I said placing my hand in between all of us. Smiles flashed all around as they figured out what I was doing.
"S." Sav placed his hand on top of mine.
"K." Kylun placed his on top of Sav's.
"All the way!" We all shouted in unison as we threw our hands up. We pulled out our weapons and charged the man at the same time, for the exact same spot.

The Captain defended himself as best as he could from our best attacks. But he was old. And growing tired. We finally just, over powered him.
We used our final Powers to shove his polearm away from us, and to shove him away from us. He slammed into a wall so hard there was a dent.
The three of us were left standing. Panting hard as we tried to get our breath and energy back.
I examined everybody for wounds. There wasn't any major ones, just a few that were minor.
We walked over to The Captain who was more banged up then anything I had ever seen.
His breathing was coming hard.
"It's...not...possible." He muttered.
There was suddenly a loud boom. And the mansion shook. I knew what it was immediately.
Quorra had pressed the button for the simulation chamber.
"It's over Captain." I said. Then I delivered the final blow, and erased him from Dresher. For good!!

We all let out a sigh of relief but that was it. If Quorra had set that off, then she probably needed help.
With one look at each other we dashed off down the entrance hall and outside to help my sister.
What I saw outside, was the last thing I wanted to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment