Saturday, December 10, 2011

Chapter ~ Two


Chapter ~ Two

          Something... definitely unexpected!


Quorra:

I knew exactly what the box was. Everyone did, and we all got the idea of what was going on. Yes even sleepy head Kylun.
We waited eagerly for Zaydie to finish. And when she did I was the first to ask her.
"so did it turn out positive?"
Zaydie still looked stunned.
"Well?" I asked shaking her shoulders.
She nodded slowly.
I squealed and jumped up and down.
"Oh I'm so happy for you guys!!!" I screamed.
"What does positive mean?" Kylun asked. I was to happy to slap him upside the head.
"Kylun... " Zaydie started taking a step forward and looking him in the eye. "Your going to be a dad." She finished slowly.
Kylun was stunned and utterly speechless! NO JOKE! he was!!
"Are-are you serious?" He stuttered.
A smile crept up onto Zaydie's face as she nodded.
"yeah." He suddenly got real hyper. He picked her up and swung her around the room.
They both laughed as I smiled for them.
But then the feeling hit me again. I was getting left behind again. Now not only was my sister married, she was pregnant too!
 I faded into the background and pulled on some jeans and a loose white long-sleeve.
I fiddled with a wooden necklace that's hung around my neck for the past ten years.
I chuckled when I remembered who gave it to me.
It was a Christmas present actually. By the one boy that I ever liked.

I sighed and pulled my hair into a messy bun.
"Get a grip girl! face it, your going to end up an old maid!..." I studied myself in the mirror. Zaydie was always the one that looked pretty. I was just the plain girl-next-door type. Nothing special.
"You'll always live alone and own lots of cats." I stated to the girl in the mirror.
I shoved my feet into my knee high boots and grabbed my mittens, scarf, hat, and coat. I then opened the window of the bedroom and jumped down to the frozen floor below.
I shoved my hands into my gloves and wrapped my scarf around my neck several times while I buttoned up my jacket.

I trudged through the snow and kept off the streets. I could hear bells jingling as people came in and out of store, carolers singing on the edge of main street.
I turned away and walked to the woods that were to the outskirts of the city.
I was finally greeted by the sent of pines, and the quietness of solitude.

I didn't waist any time plunging into the heart of the forest.
"Creator what's wrong with me?" I asked. "Why do I feel so rejected? I know I should be happy for Zaydie and Kylun, and Brinlynn and Braxlin. But I feel so left out!" I had no idea where I was going, I was just walking. "So what do I do?!" I cried. Falling to my knees in middle of a clearing. "I don't know what to do! I feel so... angry." My fists balled up and it was all I could do not to punch something. "I feel like everything in my life is being torn away from me! And I can't... stop it! Creator you have to help me!" I lifted my eyes and searched the grey skies.
"You have to show me... where to go. What to do. I don't want to be alone. I don't want to be on my own." tears started to fall, and they froze on my cheeks. I looked back at the ground and let the tears fall. "I don't want to be left behind." I muttered through the sobs.
Someone came up behind me and wrapped their arms around my shoulders.
"Your never alone Quorra."
I shook my head when I heard Savrin's voice.
"Well it definitely feels that way." I managed to say.
"But your not. And that's a fact." He squeezed me tighter. "You'll always have someone around you. No matter what you do, or where you go."
"Then why does it hurt so bad?" I cried. "Why does it feel like everything is getting ripped out of my hands? And that I won't get it back?"
He was quiet for a moment as I cried.
"Your not the only one going through this Quorra." He said finally. "I lost a mentor, and my best friend in the span of a month. I know a best friend isn't as strong as a sister, but I still know to some extent what your going through. Because I'm going through the same thing."
That wasn't really helping.
"so we face it together."
I tried to force my tears to stop. I got shaky breaths as I calmed down.
"What?" I asked, turning around and looking Sav in the eye.
"We face it together. That way neither of us has to be alone."
I wiped the tears away from my face and tried to see if he was being serious.
"I won't leave you alone. Ok?" He asked, standing up and offering me his hand. I looked at it, then to his face.
I nodded and took his hand. He pulled me to my feet and I hugged his waist.
We only stood there for a minute before I heard a twig snap behind us.
I looked over my shoulder, but couldn't see anything. I could feel Savrin start to tense as he slowly pushed me behind him.
I peaked around him to see if I could see anyone yet.
"Isn't this sweet?" I gasped as I saw a shadow from the past. Someone I hadn't seen for a year. Yet... he looked different.
He stepped out from the woods, He wore simply black pants, and a short-sleeved trench coat.
His tussled black hair fell in his eyes.
That were blood red.
"Havrin." Sav muttered through gritted teeth.
Havrin cocked his head and grinned. "'Ello Sav. Who's the girlfriend? don't believe I've seen her before. Well at least not me personally. Though I know he did."
Sav's hands balled up into fists at his side.
"Quorra... run." He muttered.
I looked up at him and then back to Havrin. Sav's good, but he's not that good!
[oh well aren't you nice]
Hey I'm just saying.

"Sav you can't take him by yourself." I argued.
He looked down at me with determination in his eyes.
"Then I suggest you get the rest over here." He whispered.
He turned back to Havrin and the blue jagged blade of Ryota appeared in his hand.
Havrin smirked.
"Do you really think that's such a good idea?" He asked.
"I don't know. But let's find out!"
Sav dove forward and Havrin spun out of the way.
There was suddenly what looked like a long stick in Havrin's hands. I couldn't see it very clearly, but he was real good with it.
Sav jumped back and did one of those air jump things where he pretty much just hovered close to the ground.
The two boys fought back and forth, clashing their weapons together. I was shocked that Ryota hadn't broken the stick yet!
But then I noticed something I hadn't seen before.
Havrin took the stick and spun it around, then he aimed the end at Savrin's face. Sav just jumped back in time to see a long curved blade at the end.
My jaw dropped.
He was the stinkin' grim reaper!
I bent down low and readied myself. Oh boy this was going to hurt.

Sav did pretty good with dodging the blade, but he was starting to get worn down, and Havrin didn't look like he was going to stop any time soon.
I waited till Havrin's back was to me then I ran forward as fast as I could. Ignoring Sav's glare.
I kicked Havrin's side with my foot, then spun around just in time to miss the blade. I summoned my guns, and used their power to bring up large pieces of earth.
I threw them at Havrin while I squeezed the trigger of my guns.
He was quick, and I was surprised by how fast he could move that reaper. He managed to deflect most of the rocks, but I saw one bullet pierce his arm.
It's just not fair.
I flipped backwards, avoiding another swing with the blade and skidded to a stop.
I looked up with a hard face as Havrin laughed.
I jumped at him, keeping the rocks flying at him. I dove under the blade and punched him square in the stomach.
I then spun myself around him and Savrin grasped my out reached hand. He spun me around and then threw me up higher into the air.
I floated there for a few seconds and I shot Havrin in the stomach.
I flipped down to the ground again and Sav landed beside me.
"I told you to run." He said.
"And it's a good thing I didn't, or we'd be in huge trouble." I retorted.
We turned out attention to Havrin who was clutching his stomach, that was bleeding. I have to say I did feel a little proud of myself at the moment. Haha.
He looked at us with a hard face, then disappeared into wisps of shadows.
"What was that?" I asked, meaning the shadow thing.
"I have no clue. Come on." Sav groaned and clutched his arm. Our weapons disappeared and I dashed in front of him.
"What's wrong?" I asked, looking at his arm.
"Nothing. It's just a scratch." He argued, pushing my hands away.
"Well it's obviously not! Stop moving." I snapped, gripping his hand and moving it away from his arm.
His black coat was now turning darker as blood soaked into it.
I pushed his sleeve up his arm gently. He had a deep cut running down his forearm.
I unwrapped my scarf from my neck and placed it on the wound.
"Of course it's you that gets hurt." I said with a playful chuckle.
"Hey I was the one taking the blow for you." He said in his defense.
I laughed, and kept dabbing the wound.
"Yeah... thanks." I muttered quietly.
"Your welcome. But next time run when I tell you."
I punched his stomach playfully.
"Humph. We'll see how well that goes." I said, wrapping the scarf around his arm several times and tying it there.
"That'll do till we get back so Zaydie can fix you up again."
I said as I turned around to lead the way out of the forest.
Sav grasped my shoulder and turned me around.
His eyes searched my face for a moment, then his hand went to my neck and he picked up the necklace chain.
Out from under my shirt came the necklace with the wooden pendent on it. I looked down at it as he fingered it. Running his thumb across the tree.
"You still have this?" He asked, looking back up at me. I smiled.
"yeah. Why would I get rid of it?"
He chuckled.
"Because it looks really bad."
"You were seven, and I was five. I didn't really care at the moment, and I still don't." I said with my hands on my hips.
"I just still can't believe you've kept it all these years." He muttered. Letting go of the necklace and my shoulder.
"Well believe it buddy." I stated turning around and marching off into the forest.
A smile crept up onto my face.
Crazy boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment