Saturday, December 10, 2011

Chapter ~ Three


Chapter ~ Three

           Princess?!

Zaydie:

When Sav and Quorra came in, I smelled the blood right away.
"Which one of you is hurt?" I asked getting up from the table and marching over to the two of them. Quorra moved out of the way and I saw her white scarf wrapped around Savrin's arm, now blood red.
I removed it and gave it back to my sister.
[oh yes because she thought that I was going to use it again!]
Oh psh.

I healed his arm quickly, then turned to my sister.
"What happened?"
She stuttered.
"We were attacked. By some boy in the woods." She explained.
"What did he look like?" Kylun asked, stepping over to her.
She hesitated then looked him in the eye.
"Like you."
We all froze.
"Not the blond-haired you, the other you. Black hair, red eyes."
"Havrin's back." Sav said. "I thought you destroyed him?" He addressed Kylun.
"I said I kicked him out, I never destroyed him!" Kylun snapped back.
I squeezed his arm and he calmed down a little.
"Ok... so what are we going to do?" I asked.
"Nothing. We'll deal with him when the time comes. Right now we have to find Reese." Kylun said.
"That shouldn't be to hard." Brax cut in. We all moved into the room and sat down various places.
"We found out that not only is he the Governor of Ulrikima. He's also a father."
"What?!" Kylun and I shouted.
Braxlin nodded.
"Who's he married to?" I asked.
"That's just it. He's not. Never has been. And from the research Vegg has been able to do for us, he's never once been seen with a woman other then parties." Brinlynn explained.
"Who's his child?"
They shrugged.
"That's anyone's best guess. She's only appeared a few times in pictures. but she always wears a dark vale of some sort. So no one really knows."
I nodded.
"So..?"
"Well I would like to figure out who this girl is, and what she can offer. Then we'll go from there." Braxlin said.
"It's not much of a plan." Sav said hesitantly.
"Well we know for a fact that we somehow have to get rid of Reese so his daughter might be able to prove helpful." Brax stated.
"Alright. who's all going this time?" Kylun asked. "Not you." He pointed at me. I immediately got defense.
"Oh yes I am. You are not going anywhere with out me. So get use to it." I stated. "Besides what would you do with out me there to snatch you back from death's grip huh?" I asked with a hard look yet a playful grin.
He groaned.
"Fine. Brax? Brin?"
"Oh no. We're staying here. We took the liberty of calling up a few friends though. So you'll have plenty of help." Brin said with a grin.
The door opened and we all turned around.
A girl skipped into the room wearing jeans and a jacket. Her short black hair fell around her face and she wore a black and white band around her head.
"Lexi!" I cried jumping up and giving her a hug.
"Hey girl! miss me?"
We all chuckled.
Kigo came up behind her in his usual trench coat and pants with his green band around his neck this time, instead of his head. His red hair fell over his black eye patch, but it didn't hide the grin.
"Hey sweetheart. How's the hubby?"
I rolled my eyes and slugged his arm.
"Ask him yourself." I stated.
Kylun rose and the two of them shook hands. As did Savrin.
Lexi gave hugs all around and soon we were all sitting back down again.
"Wow... this is a lot of people." Kylun muttered.
"Make more then one trip." I said. He nodded.
"Right."
"So you need us to help you beat up another bad guy huh?" Kigo asked.
Quorra didn't take it as an insult. She just nodded and smiled. "Yup."
[Was I suppose to take it as an insult?!]
Well it kind of was one. But never mind now.

We shook ourselves out of the deep thought we were all in.
"Well! Let's get to it then." Kylun said. Jumping up to his feet and giving me a hand.
"Come on."
Three of us linked hands while Kigo and Lexi waited patiently for Kylun to return.

Ulrikima was nothing like I expected! Nothing!!
The city was made of stones, beautiful arches and gazeboes were found everywhere.
The stones themselves were painted white or cream.
Music was played along every street. All creating one melodic harmony that ran through the entire city.
All of the woman and men dressed differently. The men were the only ones who wore trousers.
The woman were the ones with skirts, only they fell down to their ankles and they looked more like gypsies. Sort of. They all wore bright colors and smiles on their faces.
Seeing as it was snowing, everyone wore layers and boots.
I glanced down at my own skirt and shook my head. Oh bother.

Sav Quorra and I moved off towards the sidewalk to get out of the way of people walking in the streets as Kylun went back to get Kigo and Lexi.
We looked around and were shocked by how friendly people were to us. Complete foreigners!
"Are you Zaydie?"
I turned around. Why is it that I'm so worldly known?
A little boy with a hat to big for his head stood behind me.
"Yes, and who are you if I may be so bold to ask of such a dashing young man." I flattered, bending down and lifting the tip of his hat so i could see his face.
He giggled.
"I'm Hakeam. My mommy want's to see you." he said pulling at my hand.
I looked around to see if Kylun was back yet. he wasn't.
"Would she be mad if we waited for our friends?" I asked.
The little boy looked over my shoulder and nodded.
"Ok. How long will it take?" he asked.
"Mmm..." I looked over my shoulder and spotted my husbands blond hair in the crowd.
"here they are." I said. I rose up and smiled at Kylun, Kigo and Lexi.
"Ok now come on!" The little boy pulled at my hand. I motioned for everyone to follow.
"You sure do attract little kids don't you?" Kylun asked. I laughed.
"Well..." I said with a smile. What could I say to that?
[you could have said, well at least they run to me, and not run away screaming on the top of their little lungs.']
Oh Quorra.

The little boy led us to one of the houses that was a little ways from the street. He led us through the front door and we found ourselves in a cozy home.
A girl sat weaving a basket on the floor with some thick blankets wrapped around her shoulder. She looked to be about my age.
she saw us and the little boy ran into her arms.
"I see you found them Hakeam." She said. Rising to her feet. She gave Hakeam a squeeze and turned to us.
"What... unusual clothes you wear." She muttered. We all glanced down and stammered.
"I am Juwela. You must be Zaydie, Savrin, Kylun. And-" She suddenly gasped as Quorra stepped into view. She looked down at herself to see if something was wrong with her outfit.
"My lady, what are you doing out of the palace?"
Our eyes got wide and we all looked at Quorra.
"Excuse me?" She asked, stepping forward.
"You are the princess are you not?" Juwela asked.
Quorra shook her head.
"No. Never stepped foot in a palace in my life. Do I look fit to be a princess?" Quorra asked with a chuckle.
"But I don't understand... you look very much like her... it's probably something the Creator has planned." She added to herself. "My mother has gone out. But she shall return in a short while. She left me in charge to take care of you, so please my ladies, you may borrow some of my clothes, and gentlemen, I'm sure I can find you some clothes of my mother's late husband."
Juwela took Quorra, Lexi and I to another room off the living room. It looked to be her own. It was decorated with flowers, and paintings of beautiful scenery. She opened a large chest that sat at the end of her bed.
She pulled out several multicolor skirts and handed each to us.
They were thick and heavy skirts to ward against the cold.
She then pulled out several shirts and long-sleeves.
We all quickly changed.
I kept my tights on for the sake of warmth along with my boots.
We layered our skirts with heavy slips so our legs were quiet warm.
The shirts were layered, I wore a heavy white long sleeve shirt, with a light pink corset over top.
This was extremely old fashioned. But at least it was practical!

Lexi, and Quorra's outfits were exactly the same besides the colors. Quorra's shirts was blue and purple, and Lexi's were brown and green.
"We can't thank you enough Juwela!" I said. Turning to her and taking her hands in mine. "The Creator surely has big plans for you." She blushed.
"You flattery is kind my lady, but I am simply a servant of His Lord."
"And He always rewards his servants." I said. She nodded.
"Let me go tend to the young men." She stepped outside and the us girls plopped down on the bed.
"Well these might slow us down in a fight." Quorra said, looking at her patchwork skirt.
"At least they'll keep us warm though." Lexi said, rubbing her sleeves.
I nodded in agreement.
Juwela came to tell us that we could go back into the living room a few minutes latter.
In there we found the three boys dressed in thick slacks with the cuffs tucked into their boots.
The shirts they wore were long and the sleeves were taken in at the cuffs. They also wore vests or jackets, or both.
Kigo wore a long coat that had cuffed sleeves, and a belt that he left undone.
Savrin wore a vest that was not buttoned up, and a jacket that wasn't buttoned up as well.
Kylun wore just the vest. But his vest was long and fell to his ankles. The leather was cut into four strips that fell around his legs. I vaguely wondered how on earth he was going to keep warm. But by the looks of it, his shirt was thick and he probably had another one underneath it.
"Well, it looks like my daughter has done well in getting you situated."
We all turned to see Juwela and Hakeam's mom walk through the front door.
We all smiled.
"Yes, she has done very well." I said kindly.
"Good you bring honor to our family Juwela." Her mother said, Juwela smiled and made a bow from the waist.
This city sure was odd.

No comments:

Post a Comment