Monday, December 26, 2011

Chapter ~ Eleven


Chapter ~ Eleven

         Preparation

Zaydie:

It was nice to see Matrix and Vegg again, but it was a little frightening as well.
Because that tells me that we're all going to be in a lot of danger.

We all put our boots back on and started on our way back to Juwela's house to say goodbye.
"So where are they heading?" Kylun asked Matrix, as we cut trenches through the drifts of snow.
Vegg pulled out a tablet from her pack. She did a few things on it and then stopped us so we could look at it.
"We're here. In Ulrikima." She pointed to a green dot. We all nodded in understanding. "This," she pointed to a red dot. "Is The Fallen." Something was off. A lot of was off. Actually.
"Wait, why are they moving... away from us?" I asked.
"Well that's what we couldn't figure out till we got tipped off." Vegg explained.
"So...where are they going?" Sav cut in.
She looked up at us with a sad look.
Why do I feel like I'm not going to like what she's about to say?
"Their headed back to Konsor."
We were all dead silent. Not sure if what she was saying was just something we had miss-heard. But it was soon evident that it wasn't.
"What's for them there? I mean come on." Kylun started. "We're not there. Valadamir is dead, and there's nothing there."
"Ah but that's where all of us were wrong." Rix jumped in. He grabbed the tablet from his sister and brought something else up. "does this look familiar?" He held up the tablet for all of us to see.
I gasped and everyone's jaw dropped.
"Yeah... that's my simulation chamber." Kylun answered. Rix nodded and handed the tablet back.
"Uh-huh. And have you ever done strange, unusual, not-natural things in that particular simulation chamber?"
We all froze.
Quorra turned pale as if she had stolen a cookie and had been caught.
"Y-yeah." She said in a shaky tone.
"Then you already know the reason." Rix said, giving us a disapproving look.
"Hey what'd we do?" Quorra shouted. Becoming fire it's self. "It's not like we built it! It just happens to do that so don't blame us!"
"No one's.. blaming you Quorra." Vegg said kindly. Trying to comfort my sister.
"So...what do they plan to do with it?" I piped up.
Matrix stalled.
[hahaha!!!]

"We... have no idea...." We all sighed. "Yet! but we will...hopefully."
Quorra rolled her eyes and we all sighed.
"well come on then. We had better get going." I said. I quickly snapped out of the daze that held us all, and moved off towards Juwela's house. I heard people start to shuffle behind me and I stepped inside the house.

I found Juwela and Hakeam on the floor in the living room while their mother was cooking.
As soon as we stepped in she looked at us with a set face. She already knew.
"it's time isn't it my dears?" She asked with a grave face.
I nodded.
"I'm afraid so ma'am."
She sighed.
"I knew i was foolish to hope this would not happen in my life time." She hoisted herself to her feet. "I'm an old maid now children." Everyone protested. She wasn't that old... granted she does have some grey hair. But not that much!
She put up a hand. "That's nice of you but I'm afraid I can't do much in a fight."
"Oh we would never ask you to fight for us. Not when you have kids that need taking care of." I said in shock. She smiled.
"Your to kind. However, I shall help with the healing. I will be there for the battle when the time comes. But now, I have business to take care of. I bless you children. Now please, go in peace."
We all thanked her for her kindness and hospitality. Juwela sent us away with food incase we got hungry on the train ride back.
Hakeam looked like he was on the virge of tears but was trying to hold them back.
"Hey." I said soothingly. Bending down to his eye level. "What's up?"
"Are you going to be ok?" He asked, rubbing the tears away with his fist.
"Oh of course I will."
He peered at me from under the brim of his hat.
"But your a Chosen One. You always get hurt."
Well that's a true statment. Not that I told him that!
"Don't worry about me buddy ok? you look out for you sister. Because that's what a brother's for. Got it?"
He gave a curt nod.
"Good. Now don't you worry about me. See all those people behind me?"
he looked over my shoulder and nodded.
"They'll make sure nothing happens to me, alright?"
He nodded an threw his arms around my neck.
"Just don't die. Ok? You have a baby growing inside you. You have to live so he can. Ok?"
I smiled and nodded.
"Alright Hakeam. I won't die. I have a few tricks up my sleeve." I said with a wink. He giggled and ran off to say bye to everyone else.

Kylun helped me to my feet and we headed out.
"so how are we going to do this?" I asked. Turning to everyone else.
"How do you mean?" Lexi asked. Puling her jacket closer to her body.
"Well are we teleporting? or are we taking the train?"
"The train." We all jumped and looked around.
We found Tasin standing behind us, wearing a blue hat, and a blue winter coat lined with white fur and white buttons running down the front. She wore matching boots, and white gloves.
"Tasin!" We all shouted.
She grinned and gave us a meek wave. Then she pointed to the north. Where the train station was.
"I believe we take the train." She repeated. I nodded.
"Aright. That's good enough for me. Come on." I said enthusastically. Kylun shrugged and linked his hands behind his head while he leaned back on his left foot.
"Well i guess it's decided for us." He said.
"M-hmm." Savrin agreed, crossing his arms over his chest.
I smiled back at them and realized, just how big our group had gotten.
My sister came along almost a the very beginning. Kigo and Lexi had joined a little while back, and Matrix and his younger sister Vegg were with us too!
And to think it had just started with the three of us.


No comments:

Post a Comment