Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Chapter ~ Six


Chapter ~ Six

      Just one more job to do... sheesh.

Quorra:

After the Governor's incredibility long and boring speech, everyone started to eat talk. Soon it was too loud to even talk to the person sitting next to you!!

None of us ate much, our stomachs wouldn't settle... well, except for Kigo. He apparently doesn't have a stomach. He has an endless pit instead.
"Will you stop eating!" Lexi cried. Slapping Kigo upside the head.
"Why? This is a feast isn't it?" He asked, with his mouth full of gojers leg.
"Yes, but we have a job to do!!" She snapped back. Looking him strait in the eye. "and that does not involve eating!!"
Kigo rolled his eye and still went back to eating.
Ugh. Boys.

There was a sudden shouting, and then we heard a high pitched scream.
All six of us jumped up and tried to find the source.
Most people didn't hear it over all of the noise already going on.

I was the first to see and figure out what was going on.
At the head of the table, the Governor was slowly falling out of his chair, and Vinela had disappeared.
I jumped out of the bench, and dashed up to the end of the room.
I was surprised when I passed the fallen guards, that now lay dead on the floor.
I turned my attention ahead, and dashed around the table.
Dastion was kneeling down next to the fallen Governor.
I fell to my knees next to him.
I looked at his wound. He had been stabbed in the back, and it looked like it went down into his stomach.

He coughed and sputtered blood onto my face.
"My daughter." He muttered. His breathing was short and he grunted with pain.
I was slightly confused, did he mean Venila? or me?
I pulled down the scarf from my face and head.
I heard Dastion gasp, and Reese's eyes grew big.
"I wondered if you would ever com back..."
My brow creased.
"What do you mean?" I asked.
He struggled to breath for a moment, and I glanced up at Dastion, who was watching me with shock.
"I am glad..." I turned back to Reese. He was smiling up at me with a tender look. "I was able... to see you..."
He grasped my hand tightly.
"One last time... Venila." He said through his struggle from oxygen.
"I'm not Venila." I said. I glanced up looked around to see that the rest of the gang had left.
Where?
They failed to tell me.

"I'm Quorra. From Konsor. And I've never met you before." I said. Turning back to Reese.
He chuckled, which quickly turned into a coughed.
"Get the other. Together... you'll figure it out... she'll know... where to start."
His grip on my loosened and his eyes rolled back into his head.

I stayed there for a moment, trying to decipher his last words.
I snapped out of it suddenly and jumped up.
I ran down the hall to Juwela's mother. Not caring if people saw my face. Or the blood on it.
"Where did the others go?" I asked.
"They were chasing a man in black, up there." She said, pointing to the balcony. "He has the princess, but there was two of them."
I nodded. I jumped up onto the table, then jumped up onto the balcony all in one movement.

I summoned my guns and disappeared into a door way.
I suddenly heard something behind me.
Spinning on my heel, I raised my guns in defense.
"Take another step and not only will I put two bullets in your heart, I'll stone you to death as well." I threatened through gritted teeth.
I couldn't see who it was because no candles had been lit, and the sun had gone down a while ago.
"You have the same wit she does." I didn't recognize the voice, so I didn't lower my guns.
The boy stepped into what little moonlight that poured through the windows.
It was prince Dastion.

He had his hands raised, but I noticed a sword in his left hand.
"I'm not going to hurt you. I want to help you get Venila back." He said. I was still hesitant.
He took his sword to his right hand.
"What are you doing?" I asked cautiously.
He sliced his palm, and my jaw dropped as he stuck out his hand for me to shake.
"I make a blood oath to you, that I won't hurt you in anyway, or displace what ever little trust you have in me."
I wasn't exactly sure what to do.
How could he think that I had any trust in him?! I had only just met him!
Oh Creator, please protect me. I prayed.
I lowered my guns and shook Dastion's bloody hand.

He nodded in satisfaction, and I turned to keep walking.
I wasn't to sure what I had just gotten myself into, but I'd rather have him close and keep an eye on him, then not and be on my toes the whole time.
Not that I wasn't already.
But that's besides the point.

We walked silently down the halls of the palace. Tense as ever, weapons braced, and cold sweat running down my back.
Ring, Ring, Ring.
I jumped before I realized that it was my phone.
I pulled it out of my skirt pocket.
"Hello?"
"Quorra! Get out!!" Zaydie screamed.
I could hear commotion in the background.
"Zaydie where are you?" I asked.
"I don't know. A member of The Fallen took Venila." She sounded out of breath. Like she was running.
"We followed him, but there was two of them! It's too dark-can't see anything-cold-don't know-" She was breaking up.
"Zaydie?!" I cried.
"-where the others are-lost Kylun-can't loose you too-GET OUT QUORRA!!!" I then heard a really loud scream.
"Zaydie?!" No response. "Zaydie!!"
I heard heavy breathing on the other end. I don't know, I guess that half of me was hoping she had gotten a hold of the phone again. But... that obviously wasn't the case.
"Figure out your past." It was a stranger's voice. I didn't know him. But then the line disconnected.
I starred at the phone. Trying to figure out what had just happened.
"What's wrong?" Dastion asked. Snapping me out of my daze.
"Is there some place here that's dark and cold?" I asked.
He hesitated for a minute.
"yes."
"Where?"
"Down, below the palace. The Catacombs."
I started to walk again. Using the Power over the earth that my guns gave me, I could sense the Catacombs down below. It was just one huge maze! Oh my.
“But you can’t go down there!” He cried, jumping forward and grabbing my shoulder. I hit his arm away and kept walking with determined steps.
“Quorra, Venila. Who ever you are!” He cried, jumping in front of me. “You can’t go down there! It’s forbidden! It’s full of harpies, and dangerous things.”
“Do you really think that’s going to stop me from getting my sister back?” I asked.
He groaned. “The man said figure out your past. And the only way to do that is with Venila. Find her, figure out your past, then find your sister. And it has to be done in that order!”
I honestly felt like punching him. And I would have if I wasn’t so busy pacing.
“Fine. But we have to figure out where your love bird is first.” I snapped.
I knelt down and placed my hand on the floor of the palace.
Using my only Power, I searched through the earth, looking for Vanila’s energy mark.
[She can do that. Duh.]
Ha! no kidding. I can find anyone, and tell where their going by the energy mark they give off. Seeing as no one’s is the same.

I found her, along with two other people who seemed to be pushing her, or leading her. I couldn’t tell which. They were already outside, and were walking fast.
“Come on!” I yelled. I ran right through one of the windows.
[she always thought that would be so cool to do]
Yeah well. It just stung.
I landed softly and took off running down the streets. I could “see” Dastion behind me, and so I turned my attention ahead.
I found her energy mark again, and drove myself harder. I jumped over people, dove under, and around them. I was shocked by how easy Dastion kept up.
“Their heading out of the city. We have to catch them if we want to get her back in decent time. Or else we’ll be traipsing all over Dresher.” I said as he came up next to me.
He nodded.
I suddenly noticed a cart coming right for us. I dashed sideways and stepped up onto a ledge on a wall. I ran up it for a second then flipped over behind the cart and kept going.
Ha! That sure did raise Dastion’s eyebrows!!

No comments:

Post a Comment